After announcing their engagement earlier this week, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made their first official public appearance in Nottingham, England, for World AIDS Day on Friday.
Prince Harry, who has previously spent time in Nottingham doing charity work, was “delighted to be introducing the city to Ms. Markle,” Kensington Palace said. “The visit today focuses on causes that [Harry] is particularly passionate about ― raising the awareness of HIV/AIDS and preventing youth crime.”
Judging by the photos, the public is clearly smitten with the royal couple:
Some even brought U.S. flags to make the American-born actress feel more at home:
The prince and actress are obviously smitten with each other, too. In the year and a half they’ve been together, Harry, 33, and Markle, 36, have never been shy about PDA.
Given royal protocol ― and the relative stuffiness we’ve come to expect from the royal family ― body language expert Traci Brown thinks Markle’s Americanness may be rubbing off on Harry. (Let’s be honest, though: Prince Harry has always been the more relaxed, adventurous royal ― remember that time he partied naked in Las Vegas in 2012?)
“It’s true, Harry was already pretty ‘loose’ for a British royal, but Brits usually don’t show a lot of emotion or affection in public,” Brown told HuffPost. “These two are very affectionate in public. It’s very different from the almost stuffy engagement announcement of William and Kate several years back.”
What else can we glean from the pair’s body language at the events Friday? Below, Brown and fellow body language expert Patti Wood, author of Snap: Making the Most of First Impressions, Body Language & Charisma, decode photos from the couple’s big day out.
More HuffPost: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle’s First Official Outing
More HuffPost Headlines
- Pastor Blasts Supreme Court’s Gay Wedding Cake Case In Unhinged Rant
- Gene Simmons Denies Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- Atlanta International Airport Reports Power Outage
- Virginia Governor-Elect Draws Progressive Ire Over Medicaid Comments
- Top Republicans Say Trump Won’t Fire Mueller. But They Can’t Stop Attacking Him.
- This Naked Calendar Celebrates Gay Men With ‘Ordinary’ Bodies
- NBC Paid Staffer Severance After Accusing Chris Matthews Of Harassment
- Doug Jones: Congress Should ‘Move On’ From Trump Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- France Promises To ‘Defend Net Neutrality’ In Wake Of FCC Vote In U.S.
- Second Director Says Weinsteins Blacklisted Actress Mira Sorvino From Film
- Relief, Bitterness And Frustration: Another Year Of Obamacare Enrollment
- ‘The Voice’ Is Great TV. It’s Just Not Always Great For The Winners.
- Three Rare Sea Lion Attacks Shut Popular Swimming Spot In San Francisco
- Baldwin’s Trump Boasts ‘Best Year On The Planet’ On ‘SNL’
- 63 Percent Of Americans Believe Trump Tried To Obstruct Russia Probe
- Mark Hamill To Ajit Pai: Corporate Shills Have No Right To Wield A Light Saber
- Sen. Cornyn Challenges Legitimacy Of Mueller Probe As Push For Firing Continues
- This Cat Named D-O-G Helps Train Pups To Be Service Dogs
- Amid Sex Harassment Probe, Democratic Rep. Ruben Kihuen Won’t Seek Re-Election
- The Commission Will Address Rampant Sexual Misconduct In Entertainment Industry
- Progressive Groups Want Doug Jones To Throw Caution To The Wind
- 93-Year-Old Woman Spends 2 Nights In Jail After Eviction From Senior Housing
- Mario Batali Apologizes For Sexual Harassment With Cinnamon Rolls
- The Guy Running To Replace Paul Ryan Comes With White Nationalist Street Cred
- ‘Last Jedi’ Director Explains How He Hid A Classic ‘Star Wars’ Easter Egg
- I’m A Brown Woman Who’s Breaking Up With The Democratic Party
- California Nearly Hits Record On Wildfire Spending — Halfway Through Budget Year
- Poisoning The Well: The View Of Sinclair Broadcast Group From Flint
- When The Fire Comes And There’s No Home To Evacuate And Nowhere To Go
- Report: Trump Bans ‘Transgender,’ ‘Fetus,’ ‘Science-Based’ From CDC Documents
- Alyssa Milano Educates Matt Damon After His Horrid Response To Sexual Misconduct
- Federal Judge Temporarily Blocks Trump From Rolling Back Birth Control Coverage
- Being A Facebook Wallflower Isn’t Good For You, The Social Site Says
- Rep. Adam Schiff said he’s worried the GOP plans to end the House Russia probe.
- Human Foot Washed Ashore In Canada Is 13th Found Since 2007
- UN Expert: GOP Tax Bill Could Turn America Into World’s Most Unequal Society,
- Coulter Fears She’ll ‘Die Alone’ In Self-Pitying Tweet Against Child Tax Credit
- Capitol Hill Nervously Waits For The Next Big Sexual Harassment Scandal
- Yes, This Beyoncé Tree Topper Actually Exists
- Women at Fox News are furious over Rupert Murdoch comments on sexual misconduct.
- Simple Book Coaches Men Through Question: ‘Where Does Your Penis Belong?’
- Matt Lauer’s First Accuser Lives ‘In Constant Fear’ Of Being Identified
- Most Of California’s Fires Are Slowing, But The Thomas Fire Is Still Raging
- 2 Key Republican Holdouts Are Now Backing The Tax Bill
- Trump Is Quietly Pushing His Conservative Agenda Through Judicial Confirmations
- Protesters Facing Felonies Say U.S. Wants To ‘Criminalize’ The First Amendment
- Ivanka Likely Didn’t Expect This Reaction To Tweeting At Harry, Meghan Markle
- White Critics Love ‘Three Billboards’ Like They Love Their Racist Uncles
- The ‘Roseanne’ Revival Finally Has A Premiere Date
- So, The FCC Repealed Net Neutrality. What Does That Mean For You?